Monday, November 22, 2010

My Prayer for Repair

This has been my prayer just about every night for the past week-ish. It has been a cycle that I don't know how to stop; I don't even know why I feel like I'm in a valley. I don't mind though. I talk to God and he comforts me. I'm glad something good seems to have come from it. I hope this bring comfort to anyone else who may be going through the same thing.
Here at Your Feet
Here in the valley I cry to you Lord,
I've fallen from a mountain and must be restored,
I call to you now my Savior and King,
Remove my burden and let me be free.
Here I am broken, now at your feet,
Providing a task only you can complete,
To restore my brokenness, to put me together,
To make something beautiful come from my failure.
I've been defeated, crushed past repair,
Only you who moves mountains can answer my prayer,
But I'm not alone, others made it through,
Paul "despaired even of life", and you did too.
So here in the valley I cry to my love,
Remembering all is under, and you are above,
Reminding me everything is all for the best,
Here at your feet is the place I will rest.
2 Corinthians 1:8 is when Paul talked about being under so much persecution that he "despaired even of life", and in Matthew 26:38 Jesus told some of his disciples, as he was going to pray, that he was "overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death". I found it encouraging that even they had been through difficult times and made it through, and wanted to give you the references for if you wanted to look these verses up.

4 comments:

Amanda Winn said...

Beautiful!!!

Amanda Winn said...

Beautiful!!!

Nick S said...

Wow, that's awesome. So true=)Your poems are so much better than mine! Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katy said...

Lol.. Thanks but I I'm not so sure. Even if you are right, though, God has given us all different gifts and maybe yours is story writting, right?